15966 Prototype: One type AB 4ü Bay 02 car, 1st/2nd class, built starting in 1905, and two type C 4ü Bay 08 cars, 3rd class, built starting in 1908, all painted and lettered for the German State Railroad Company (DRG).
15966 Model: The cars have close coupler mechanisms. Total length over the buffers 357 mm / 14-1/16".
15967 Prototype: Mitropa type WR 6ü dining car, built starting in 1906, and type Pw 4ü Bay 06 baggage car, built starting in 1908, all painted and lettered for the German State Railroad Company (DRG).
15967 Model: The cars have close coupler mechanisms. Total length over the buffers 240 mm / 9-7/16".
With the transfer of the German provincial railroads into the German state in 1920, the Free State of Bavaria received after appropriate negotiations a special status for the railroad operations in its area: The independent "Bavarian Group Administration ". For example, the Bavarian signal system continued to be valid and a free hand was granted more or less in the purchasing of locomotives and cars for the special needs of the Free State. The appearance, the paint schemes, and the lettering for motive power and cars documented the independence; they differed to a large degree from those in the rest of the German territory. The special position regarding paint schemes and lettering ended however around 1927, and other exceptions to the regulations were successively taken back by 1933 and ended in 1937 by law with the dissolution of the German State Railroad Company (DRG) and the creation of the German State Railroad. Bavaria was given the German State Railroad central office in Munich as a replacement for the special status that had been given up. This central office was responsible for procuring electric motive power for the entire German state.